What do you think of this new Del track?

Go down

What do you think of this new Del track?

Post  The Co_oL on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:15 pm

It's from his upcoming collab album with Parallel Thought...
The Co_oL
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 8

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/TheCo_oLupeStan

Back to top Go down

Re: What do you think of this new Del track?

Post  Bart on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:29 pm

I dunno how others feel, but I only like Del's old work. Both sides of the Brain and Deltron 3030 were his last rlly good albums. After that his flow got lazy and he is not funky at all on the new releases: His lyrics are still strong but his flow and voice got lazy and boring.
This track has nice beat but again i dont dig his new flow.
I believe that Deltron Event II will be a good album tho, Del will put his best on that. And Dan is pretty much a gurantee for a good production.
Bart
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo on Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:53 pm

I die a little inside every time he refers to himself as Sir DZL....

Overall, though, I've been liking the stuff Del has been putting out lately, it's keeping me optimistic about Event 2 at least. Nothing he's put out lately has been on the same level as Deltron, BSotB, IWMBGWH or NNFA, but at least it's better than like Funk Man or Automatik Statik were.

I agree with what Bart said about Del sounding lazy, though. I feel like he's on a lot fewer drugs now than he was in the 90s, though. He had real problem with hallucinogens for a while (cost him his record contract) and ever since he quit, he's just sounded lazy.

And Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
http://www.facebook.com/ReviewHipHop
https://twitter.com/#!/ReviewHipHop1
Banjo
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 49

View user profile http://reviewhiphop.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:21 pm

Banjo wrote:I die a little inside every time he refers to himself as Sir DZL....

Overall, though, I've been liking the stuff Del has been putting out lately, it's keeping me optimistic about Event 2 at least. Nothing he's put out lately has been on the same level as Deltron, BSotB, IWMBGWH or NNFA, but at least it's better than like Funk Man or Automatik Statik were.

I agree with what Bart said about Del sounding lazy, though. I feel like he's on a lot fewer drugs now than he was in the 90s, though. He had real problem with hallucinogens for a while (cost him his record contract) and ever since he quit, he's just sounded lazy.

Ah didnt know he had a serious drug problem, he is the real opposite of Ice Cuce in every way haha.
Yeah Ive been wondering too, he refers to himself Sir DZL like 3 times on every new song, that is also a bit annoying.
I actually deleted his new albums of my MP3 player few months ago, not bcs they would be that bad, but bcs Del is one of my favourite rappers and I dont want to spoil my opinion of him.
Bart
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Samurai MC on Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:50 pm

this one is alright.
Samurai MC
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  pyrex on Wed Jun 06, 2012 7:34 pm

I'm not looking forward to the new deltron, it should have been one a couple years ago
pyrex
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : -7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhyme Sayer on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:40 am

I like it... I mean, you can't compare every new track to IWBGWH... I think he's progressed in a way lyrically, however of course he doesn't have as much expression and "funkiness" as he did back in the day. I still like this because it's good nevertheless. He's dropping some good shit lyrically and the production is hot, something we've been waiting for a while with Del (good production). I don't think this album will be groundbreaking but it will be a good part of 2012 and should definitely hold us up until Deltron Event II. Also, Root Stimulation was a good fun little project by Del. I don't think he fell off, he just lost some of his spark that made him popular. By any means he's still a dope emcee.
Rhyme Sayer
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down