RHH Section
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Am I alone in thinking K-Rino is at least top 10 lyrically?

5 posters

Go down

Am I alone in thinking K-Rino is at least top 10 lyrically? Empty Am I alone in thinking K-Rino is at least top 10 lyrically?

Post  {E.M. Wuz X} Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:29 am

Am I crazy, or not. Duality is, really, really close to untouchable...

BQ: Wise Intelligent recs?
{E.M. Wuz X}
{E.M. Wuz X}
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 35

Back to top Go down

Am I alone in thinking K-Rino is at least top 10 lyrically? Empty Re: Am I alone in thinking K-Rino is at least top 10 lyrically?

Post  Bart Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:40 am

He is indeed an amazing lyricist. I'd probably rank him in top 20, not sure he would make it to top 10. He is a solid storyteller too.

btw whats your fav. album of his? Mine is probably "Book Number 7"
Bart
Bart
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 25

Back to top Go down

Am I alone in thinking K-Rino is at least top 10 lyrically? Empty Re: Am I alone in thinking K-Rino is at least top 10 lyrically?

Post  {E.M. Wuz X} Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:48 am

Bart wrote:He is indeed an amazing lyricist. I'd probably rank him in top 20, not sure he would make it to top 10. He is a solid storyteller too.

btw whats your fav. album of his? Mine is probably "Book Number 7"

Annihilation Of The Evil Machine has crazy replay value, imo. I haven't heard Book Number 7, I might have to go dl it.
{E.M. Wuz X}
{E.M. Wuz X}
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:06 am

Last edited by Bart on Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Bart
Bart
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt C Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:18 am

For me I don't really like his music. I mean his lyrics have got pretty much no meaning. He just uses fairly large words that he expects you not to know and if you look into them most of his songs are pretty boring. He's very clever but nothing backing the lyrics. His story telling songs are alright though I guess.
Matt C
Matt C
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 20

http://soundcloud.com/thaarchiect

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:26 am

Matt C wrote:For me I don't really like his music. I mean his lyrics have got pretty much no meaning. He just uses fairly large words that he expects you not to know and if you look into them most of his songs are pretty boring. He's very clever but nothing backing the lyrics. His story telling songs are alright though I guess.

His story telling is better than "alright"
Bart
Bart
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  {E.M. Wuz X} Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:08 am

Matt C wrote:For me I don't really like his music. I mean his lyrics have got pretty much no meaning. He just uses fairly large words that he expects you not to know and if you look into them most of his songs are pretty boring. He's very clever but nothing backing the lyrics. His story telling songs are alright though I guess.

And for meaning check out Perfect World. Wordplay check out Deeper Elevation.
{E.M. Wuz X}
{E.M. Wuz X}
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt C Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:11 am

Murs>>>
Best storyteller rapper ever tbh
Matt C
Matt C
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:27 am

Matt C wrote:Murs>>>

which Murs album would you recommend me? I only know few songs by him not a whole album, I can give him a shot.
Bart
Bart
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:36 am

Is a good lyricist in the same way Canibus is. He has a large vocabulary and is able to make big words rhyme, but 80% of time he's just saying meaningless nonsense.
Banjo
Banjo
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 49

http://reviewhiphop.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:38 am

Bart wrote:

which Murs album would you recommend me? I only know few songs by him not a whole album, I can give him a shot.

He doesn't really have an exceptional album, he just has like 5 that are 8/10 range. Murray's Revenge or Murs Rules the World would probably be the best place to start.
Banjo
Banjo
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 49

http://reviewhiphop.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt C Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:41 pm

Bart wrote:
I'd actually start with 3:16. He has a ton of 8/10 albums though.

Banjo wrote:Is a good lyricist in the same way Canibus is. He has a large vocabulary and is able to make big words rhyme, but 80% of time he's just saying meaningless nonsense.
That's what I'm saying
Matt C
Matt C
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:47 pm

Banjo wrote:Is a good lyricist in the same way Canibus is. He has a large vocabulary and is able to make big words rhyme, but 80% of time he's just saying meaningless nonsense.

I see what you mean, tho Canibus vocabulary is even wider than K-Rino's, on the other hand Canibus is no story teller. Rino has a couple of gems in that area. What makes Canibus so special to me are his skills in battle rap, I can trully imagine only a handful of rappers that could actually successfully win a beef against him. Then again he literally seeks beefs out, that isnt rlly likeable.
Bart
Bart
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Thu Jun 07, 2012 12:49 pm

Banjo wrote:
Bart wrote:

He doesn't really have an exceptional album, he just has like 5 that are 8/10 range. Murray's Revenge or Murs Rules the World would probably be the best place to start.

Ok I will check some of his albums, lets see if i like him.
Bart
Bart
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:58 pm

So I went through most of his albums (still have Murs Rules the World to go, I might listen to it tomorrow). And except his debut F'Real i liked all his releases.

Especially I enjoyed: Varsity Blues(amazing EP!!!), The End Of The Beginning and Murs For President(I hear the commercial sound but it didnt bother me that much, I think Murs handled it very well)
I also liked: 3:16, Love and Rockets Vol. 1, Murray's Revenge and Fornever

F'Real was quite boring, low budget beats and his rhymes also werent as sharp as on his later releases.

I wonder why I havent checked out Murs sooner, bcs I was aware of him, I have the Felt albums and they are solid too, but I never got to check out Murs solo work before.
Bart
Bart
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Samurai MC Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:59 pm

still havent heard all that much from him... he had some pretty dope verses on Canibus' last album.
Samurai MC
Samurai MC
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:04 pm

Samurai MC wrote:still havent heard all that much from him... he had some pretty dope verses on Canibus' last album.

At first I thought you meant Murs XD. Yeah I wonder why they havent made music sooner together. Unlike Canibus tho K-Rino has no really outstanding album like Mic Club or Rip The Jacker. But he has several 7,5-8/10 albums that are worth a listen if you enjoy Canibus.
Bart
Bart
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Samurai MC Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:17 pm

what do you think is his best album? i'll listen to it.
Samurai MC
Samurai MC
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 19

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Tue Jun 12, 2012 7:24 pm

Samurai MC wrote:what do you think is his best album? i'll listen to it.

my personal favourite is Book Number 7, but as I said there are several albums that could be named as his best. Solitary Confinement is also very solid.
Bart
Bart
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down