Why is Jay-Z getting random credit?

Go down

Why is Jay-Z getting random credit?

Post  {E.M. Wuz X} on Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:41 pm

He's popping up in top ten rappers ever lists like crazy. Did I miss something?

Schlachten Host

Google translate like a boss.
{E.M. Wuz X}
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Why is Jay-Z getting random credit?

Post  Banjo on Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:02 pm

You mean just recently or for the last several years?

If you mean just recently, I couldn't telly you. If you mean in general over the past several years, MTV declared him GOAT a few years back, and he's always considered himself the best ever. If Lil Wayne has taught us anything, it's that if you call yourself great enough, stupid people will eventually just accept it.

And Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
https://www.facebook.com/ReviewHipHop
https://twitter.com/#!/ReviewHipHop1
Banjo
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 49

View user profile http://reviewhiphop.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  {E.M. Wuz X} on Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:07 pm

Banjo wrote:You mean just recently or for the last several years?

If you mean just recently, I couldn't telly you. If you mean in general over the past several years, MTV declared him GOAT a few years back, and he's always considered himself the best ever. If Lil Wayne has taught us anything, it's that if you call yourself great enough, stupid people will eventually just accept it.

Lol, true. But I mean just recently, like last few weeks or so... WTT wasn't that good to me, but it doesn't even seem like credit from that... It's just random. Like on Richie's list he's top 10, and he was just on like five top 10 goat lists...

Schlachten Host

Google translate like a boss.
{E.M. Wuz X}
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  l.e.b. on Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:09 pm

WTT made people forget how terrible BP3 was and they're all hopping on his dick now.
l.e.b.
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  No BS on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:22 pm

I'm one of those people who has Jay-Z in their top 10 (well my list is physical, but he's up there). I've liked Jay-Z since listening to Blueprint 2 as an 8 year old, imo he's a great rapper and I admire his success. Why don't you guys think he deserves some credit?
No BS
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  l.e.b. on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:37 pm

NoBS wrote:I'm one of those people who has Jay-Z in their top 10 (well my list is physical, but he's up there). I've liked Jay-Z since listening to Blueprint 2 as an 8 year old, imo he's a great rapper and I admire his success. Why don't you guys think he deserves some credit?

I agree with you, I do think he's great and one of the best. I just don't see how someone could include him in their top 10. There are plenty of rappers who top him in terms of rapping, creativity, sonically, meaning, etc. He would make top 25 for me, but top 10 is a little ridiculous.
l.e.b.
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 6

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  No BS on Sat Jun 09, 2012 6:59 pm

I agree with you, I do think he's great and one of the best. I just don't see how someone could include him in their top 10. There are plenty of rappers who top him in terms of rapping, creativity, sonically, meaning, etc. He would make top 25 for me, but top 10 is a little ridiculous.

I guess it's just personal preference. Another reason why I rank him higher(which some people might think isn't significant) is not just his technical skills. I think he's had a pretty big impact on hip hop music and the culture, I think a lot of hip hop artists would not be where they are without Jay-Z's influence. I mean the dude went from dealing crack to billionaire because he was skilled on the mic and skilled as a business man. He's been around for a long time, and just that he's still successful and making music is significant to me. Some people can argue that he "fell off" but he hasn't slowed down.
No BS
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down