B/S it's quite dead, both here and on YA!

Go down

B/S it's quite dead, both here and on YA!

Post  SnoopKnowsBest on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:52 pm

Where has everyone gone? There are a few regulars both on here and YA! But there are others who seem to have disappeared or are rarely on.

EDIT: 23 minutes ago I asked this and one person has replied. Point proven

Last edited by SnoopKnowsBest on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:16 pm; edited 1 time in total

SnoopKnowsBest
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: B/S it's quite dead, both here and on YA!

Post  {E.M. Wuz X} on Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:59 pm

Well I was off watching the Food Inc. documentary. Still am just thought I'd pop in and say that I resent the U.S. government even more now. And am WAY stronger about my soon to be established vegetarianism.

Schlachten Host

Google translate like a boss.
{E.M. Wuz X}
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 35

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnoopKnowsBest on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:09 pm

{E.M. Wuz X} wrote: Well I was off watching the Food Inc. documentary. Still am just thought I'd pop in and say that I resent the U.S. government even more now. And am WAY stronger about my soon to be established vegetarianism.

That's good then. If your really determined about being a vegetarian then it shouldn't be too hard and you'll probably get used to it after a while. You may as well give it a go and return if it doesn't all work out. What about fish and would you eat meat when there is no vegetarian option or would you be strict with it?

SnoopKnowsBest
Reg.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  {E.M. Wuz X} on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:30 pm

Strict. Only time I'll eat fish is if there's no vegetables/fruits/grains. Honestly, this documentary is crazy as hell, it's about how they process food. Makes me not want to touch meat again, let alone eat it.pale

Schlachten Host

{E.M. Wuz X}
Reg.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saphire_flames on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:31 pm

Myna if its a burger any day of the week I'll gobble away happly
Saphire_flames
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 22
Location : I Guess I'm In the http://rhhsection.forumotion.com

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnoopKnowsBest on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:35 pm

{E.M. Wuz X} wrote:Strict. Only time I'll eat fish is if there's no vegetables/fruits/grains. Honestly, this documentary is crazy as hell, it's about how they process food. Makes me not want to touch meat again, let alone eat it.pale

you can't process fresh fish though

SnoopKnowsBest
Reg.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Saphire_flames on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:36 pm

you can't process fresh fish though[/quote]

Americans seem to be able to do anything
Saphire_flames
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 22
Location : I Guess I'm In the http://rhhsection.forumotion.com

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  {E.M. Wuz X} on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:38 pm

SnoopKnowsBest wrote:
{E.M. Wuz X} wrote:Strict. Only time I'll eat fish is if there's no vegetables/fruits/grains. Honestly, this documentary is crazy as hell, it's about how they process food. Makes me not want to touch meat again, let alone eat it.pale

Too much trouble to make sure it's actually fish and not genetically altered corn mixed with some filler...

Schlachten Host

{E.M. Wuz X}
Reg.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnoopKnowsBest on Tue Jun 12, 2012 5:53 pm

{E.M. Wuz X} wrote:
SnoopKnowsBest wrote:

Too much trouble to make sure it's actually fish and not genetically altered corn mixed with some filler...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=zru&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=fresh+fish&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=684&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=FrrXT6D6EYSHhQf356XIAw

this is fresh fish, you can easily tell the difference. But the problem with it is price. Yea I don't like the idea of eating genetically modified corn either. That reminds me, there are some genetically modified salmon out there and it might be in shops in the coming years. I don't trust it and it feels like you'll only be really safe if you grow your own food.

SnoopKnowsBest
Reg.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  {E.M. Wuz X} on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:05 pm

SnoopKnowsBest wrote:
{E.M. Wuz X} wrote:
SnoopKnowsBest wrote:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=zru&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&q=fresh+fish&bav=on.2,or.r_gc.r_pw.r_qf.,cf.osb&biw=1366&bih=684&um=1&ie=UTF-8&tbm=isch&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi&authuser=0&ei=FrrXT6D6EYSHhQf356XIAw

this is fresh fish, you can easily tell the difference. But the problem with it is price. Yea I don't like the idea of eating genetically modified corn either. That reminds me, there are some genetically modified salmon out there and it might be in shops in the coming years. I don't trust it and it feels like you'll only be really safe if you grow your own food.

That, or buy organic, but that gets expensive. And the gm salmon is farm raised. Plus, things labeled in a 5 digit number beginning with an eight are genetically altered. Oh, and in the UK don't they have to label GM veggies, meat, etc.? Ik they don't have to here and in Canada. It's some bull-shit, I should have the right to know if they fucked with my food, lol.

Schlachten Host

{E.M. Wuz X}
Reg.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:39 pm

What's the big deal with genetically altered vegetables? We've been "genetically altering" vegetables for hundreds of years.

Wanna know what corn looked like without "genetic modification"

All that the modification does is make the cobs bigger so it's more viable as a food/energy source and make it more resistant to pesticides. Without the modifications, there would be no way to make enough to sustain the current demand.

As for buying organic, there are no regulations to speak of on what can be labeled "organic." Half the time it's the exact same product as the non-organic, just in a green package. It's been shown to not be any healthier for you.

The anti-genetically altered food movement is one of the dumbest diets I've ever seen, second only to the "if I can't pronounce one of the ingredients, I won't eat it" movement a few years ago. All it really shows is that people are either morons who can't read/look something up to find what it is, or paranoid enough to think that the USDA is actively trying to kill them.

And Follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
https://www.facebook.com/ReviewHipHop
https://twitter.com/#!/ReviewHipHop1
Banjo
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 49

View user profile http://reviewhiphop.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  {E.M. Wuz X} on Tue Jun 12, 2012 6:52 pm

Banjo wrote:What's the big deal with genetically altered vegetables? We've been "genetically altering" vegetables for hundreds of years.

Wanna know what corn looked like without "genetic modification"

All that the modification does is make the cobs bigger so it's more viable as a food/energy source and make it more resistant to pesticides. Without the modifications, there would be no way to make enough to sustain the current demand.

As for buying organic, there are no regulations to speak of on what can be labeled "organic." Half the time it's the exact same product as the non-organic, just in a green package. It's been shown to not be any healthier for you.

The anti-genetically altered food movement is one of the dumbest diets I've ever seen, second only to the "if I can't pronounce one of the ingredients, I won't eat it" movement a few years ago. All it really shows is that people are either morons who can't read/look something up to find what it is, or paranoid enough to think that the USDA is actively trying to kill them.

Yeah, but if it's genetically altered, more often then not it's massed produced. The mass production is pretty sloppy, leaving room for fault. And there's a difference between naturally altering a plant over years and years. And doing it in a lab. I support lab alteration of the corn, that's supporting alteration of other animals as well, more often than not. And genetic modification of animals is on my not cool list... Plus, if the corn farm is owned by the same company that owns the slaughterhouse, they'll probably be near each other to save money for transport. The slaughterhouses are in horrible condition and the run off from them is what caused a couple of the E-Coli outbreaks...

EDIT: And I didn't mean regular altered corn... I meant genetically altered corn, turned into a base starch, which is used to make filler for alot of things... Oh, and fun fact. That filler is rinsed with ammonia to prevent E-Coli...

Schlachten Host

{E.M. Wuz X}
Reg.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  SnoopKnowsBest on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:11 am

"if I can't pronounce one of the ingredients, I won't eat it" movement

LOL

SnoopKnowsBest
Reg.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  IceE on Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:44 am

SnoopKnowsBest wrote:Where has everyone gone? There are a few regulars both on here and YA! But there are others who seem to have disappeared or are rarely on.

EDIT: 23 minutes ago I asked this and one person has replied. Point proven

You have to ask at the right time
IceE
Admin

Lungs Eaten : 59

View user profile http://rhhsection.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down