RHH Section
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Pop-Ups on iPhones or similar devices...

3 posters

Go down

Pop-Ups on iPhones or similar devices... Empty Pop-Ups on iPhones or similar devices...

Post  Mic Messiah Fri Jun 15, 2012 1:07 am

So, a few times (a couple months back and now twice recently) I've gotten weird pop ups. If you have an iPhone or iPad or iPod touch you'll immediately recognize the box. Despite the Pop-Up blocker being on I've had this message pop up twice (though with 2 different websites listed...). Anyways, here's a picture demonstrating the pop up.

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7095/7373890542_9a57410ec6_b_d.jpg

I've looked on the Internet for others experiencing something similar, but to no avail. Obviously the iPhone is supposed to be quite the secure joint, so them not only having my IP Address but also being able to use an unclickable away (I had to reset my phone to get out of it) pop-up is quite disheartening.

So, any chance any of y'all have experienced something similar or have found anything detailing a similar experience? Because this also has popped up on different sites as well (and I constantly clear everything like cookies just out of paranoia and habit, though obviously to no avail, but still it SHOULD work) which means it's...following me? Sad

Thanks if you can help in anyway.
Mic Messiah
Mic Messiah
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 114

Back to top Go down

Pop-Ups on iPhones or similar devices... Empty Re: Pop-Ups on iPhones or similar devices...

Post  IceE Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:27 am

Is your iPhone jailbroken?
IceE
IceE
Admin

Lungs Eaten : 59

https://rhhsection.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Pop-Ups on iPhones or similar devices... Empty Re: Pop-Ups on iPhones or similar devices...

Post  Mic Messiah Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:22 am

[quote="IceE"]Is your iPhone jailbroken?[/quote

Nah, I jailbroke my last one and regretted it, so this one's clean.
Mic Messiah
Mic Messiah
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 114

Back to top Go down

Post  The Co_oL Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:31 pm

I really don't know, it seems pretty strange indeed. I have an iPod but I've never experienced anything like that. Only thing I can recommend is asking a question about it here and also here. Both of those forums are very helpful and they've helped me with a number of iPod related issues.
The Co_oL
The Co_oL
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 8

http://www.last.fm/user/TheCo_oLupeStan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum