RHH Section
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Computer Help?

2 posters

Go down

Computer Help? Empty Computer Help?

Post  {E.M. Wuz X} Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:48 pm

Got a new comp. First one got a virus that killed it and my old one got crushed by my closet door. I returned the virus one for the same model but dled avg like I should have the first time. I was cautious, checked the hardware, set up an admin and seperate user account, got the internet activated, etc. with only 2 bsod/kernel errors. Realise I'm running a brand new comp and Windows 7, so bsod's are normal. Anyway, I was in the middle o installing Skyrim(which was going great), and the screen randomly turned black and the comp shut down about 2 secs after. I was like "What the fuck???" and tried to boot back up. When I did everything was fine, but Windows refused to start. Same thing happened with the old comp, just more like a virus. This suggested no internal failure, and I hadn't recently installed software or plugged/un-plugged any usbs. Basically I think it's Windows not cooperating with the motherboard. Any thoughts, or should I just format the memory an reintall software manually.

P.S. This is why I haven't been around. And tight new forum section, I'll have to check it when I'm up and running. Thanks for the tips!

(this won't be red because it already took nearly 40 minutes to type, damn PS3 onscreen keyboard ...)
{E.M. Wuz X}
{E.M. Wuz X}
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 35

Back to top Go down

Computer Help? Empty Re: Computer Help?

Post  IceE Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:43 pm

Idk, try asking on yahoo.
IceE
IceE
Admin

Lungs Eaten : 59