I'M STILL ALIVE (and so is everyone else) (+BQ)

Go down

I'M STILL ALIVE (and so is everyone else) (+BQ)

Post  Voel on Tue Jul 10, 2012 10:30 pm

I'm just enjoying my summer and I sure that a lot of people are doing the same. This place will go back to normal when summer is over

BQ: can you recommend me a good Hip Hop related anime? I already watched Afro Samurai, and Samurai Champloo
Voel
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I'M STILL ALIVE (and so is everyone else) (+BQ)

Post  Guest on Wed Jul 11, 2012 7:53 am

I'm sure most are enjoying It more than I am.................

BQ:I've always wanted to watch Afro Samurai, this might of just pushed me to do so. I'm sure Samurai MC will be able to answer this If he sees It

Back to top Go down

Post  Mic Messiah on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:26 am

I hope you're correct, though I doubt you are...

BQ: I wasn't a big fan of either series, unfortunately. Afro Samurai sucked tbh (though the movie was fairly decent, the premise works over an hour far better and the budget for the animation doesn't need to be stretched out, which made for some gorgeous animation). Samurai Champloo was decent, however there was far too much filler and mediocre moments (Baseball Blues is an episode that immediately comes to mind). Though some of the underlying themes the series explores are interesting and it took multiple viewings of the series for me to fully grasp everything, which I appreciate. The near death sequences were truly beautiful as well. The art direction was dope too, but the animation was meh at times. Overall it was at least decent.

Now, to the question, off the top of my head, not too many series comes to mind. Shaman King incorporates a semi Hip-Hop influence stylistically, but it's not something that I would call good and from what I recall the Anime was pretty terrible (I read the manga for a while and enjoyed it, but I'll concede the art is...an aquired taste that most would say just sucks).

Redline...I guess. Pushing it tbh.

Toppa Tengen Gurren Lagaan features RHHish music, but so does Dragon Ball GT technically...

Really any suggestions I could give further are really pushing it. There's some like Air Gear and this oldish Manga, Tokyo something....Tokyo Tribes and something like Infinite Ryvius has a RHH soundtrack, though no RHH themes (and it's not really all that good either tbh...).

Afro Samurai and Samurai Champloo are the 2 prominent Anime series that feature RHH as a big theme (though you could argue that if you take away Afro Samurai's soundtrack it would be little related to RHH, though there's no questioning the original intention of RHH being a prominent influence for the series). Aside from those you won't find too many that have any large connection to Hip-Hop or that are centered around it.

"I eat apple stew and stash an apple sandwhich 
And that fabulous leather coat is biohazardous"
Mic Messiah
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 114

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Voel on Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:46 pm

Mic Messiah wrote:(though you could argue that if you take away Afro Samurai's soundtrack it would be little related to RHH, though there's no questioning the original intention of RHH being a prominent influence for the series)

Actually, the creator is really a Hip Hop head and he wanted to incorporate RHH elements into Afro Samurai, but they did a better job on the movie
Voel
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Mic Messiah on Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:20 pm

Voel wrote:
Mic Messiah wrote:(though you could argue that if you take away Afro Samurai's soundtrack it would be little related to RHH, though there's no questioning the original intention of RHH being a prominent influence for the series)

Actually, the creator is really a Hip Hop head and he wanted to incorporate RHH elements into Afro Samurai, but they did a better job on the movie

I knew that, that was what the last sentence was alluding to. afro

"I eat apple stew and stash an apple sandwhich 
And that fabulous leather coat is biohazardous"
Mic Messiah
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 114

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down