The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:50 pm

Trylemma wrote:
IceE wrote:Why don't you just a make a new Y!A account?

A couple reasons.

1. I have no real interest. About a week and a half ago, I went back and voted for a lot of my older answers, mainly as a way to reminisce, explaining my quick rise to the top, and I was planning on leaving at the end of this week anyways, explaining how lax I was with all the accounts I was making and blatant trolling that I never really did before. My top of the leaderboard "speech" was also meant to serve as a "peace" speech. I'm entering my senior year of college next year and I have a lot to do before I go to get my J.D. and M.A. YA! has been really fun for the past 3 years, but I honestly have very little interest in it now. Ironically I used to make fun of Mechanical, B.k.S. and Metal Quality for similar things...

2. All this is fueled by a letter I received from YA! this morning. Apparently YA! has acquired a lot of new staff and is undergoing some policy changes to the regulations of the sites. As YA! grows and is often used as a first source choice for information, YA! is apparently deleting a lot of non-relevant answers and questions and have the resources to better monitor things. I'm sure people have been reporting hardcore lately, especially since its become such a craze to talk about it, but the majority of it I believe, based on the letter I received, is instigated by YA! itself. I've been on YA! for over 3 years and have seen trolls who literally make, and bulk up, 20+ accounts just to report my questions, but this happened fast, which, in combination with the letter, makes me think this is just new policy. YA! isn't designed to be a forum. I'm guessing that as time goes on, many questions which are even slightly "chatty" will be deleted.

All this said, apparently since I have been a "long term active member" of the community, they are reviewing my "case". This is strange, however, because I didn't file any appeals and have no plans of returning to YA!, something I tried notifying them of, but to no avail.

I guess, though, that its for the best because YA! was never really even set up to be a forum, and with the new "policy changes" I'm guessing they're going to start pushing their chat rooms or whatever. Anyways, I'm glad I got to go out with a bang (even if it was sooner than planned) but I highly doubt I'll return, especially with the decrease of substance over the years.

damn your addiction is pretty hardcore

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Trylemma on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:53 pm

IceE wrote:Me and I think some others appealed for you.

And I disagree on it being for the better because Y!A is the best RHH community I;ve ever seen.

It's just not set up to be a free interaction between users anymore, even less so now.

Trylemma
Reg.

Posts : 6
Lungs Eaten : 11
Join date : 2012-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:54 pm

Trylemma wrote:
IceE wrote:Me and I think some others appealed for you.

And I disagree on it being for the better because Y!A is the best RHH community I;ve ever seen.

It's just not set up to be a free interaction between users anymore, even less so now.

Your addiction. It's fucking out of hand. What are you gonna do now?

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  IceE on Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:56 pm

What we need is someone with scripting skills to remake yahoo answers.
avatar
IceE
Admin

Posts : 490
Lungs Eaten : 59
Join date : 2012-06-03
Age : 23

View user profile http://rhhsection.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  IceE on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:01 pm

Regardless, I really hope that you'll check in every now and then.

And apparently Y!A is safe again.
avatar
IceE
Admin

Posts : 490
Lungs Eaten : 59
Join date : 2012-06-03
Age : 23

View user profile http://rhhsection.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  DiMES on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:24 pm

TRYELEMAAAA A WAIT I NEVER SIAD GOODBYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!


IM SORRY I BUTTED HEADS WITH YOU.......I THOUGHT U WERE OK BUT FUCKN AROGANT BUT I STILL THOUGHT U WERE OK.....,U HAVE MADE me STRONGER ........................I NEED CRITISM TO HELP ME!!!!!


DiMES > Tryelemma BUT I STILL WANT TO SAY GOODDBYEEEEE...AND FUCK U >...BUT GOOD BYE..I LOVE U BUT IHATE UR ASS...

I DiMEs forfiet the Case of Trylemma's absence.

*Dimes salutes Trylemma*
avatar
DiMES
Reg.

Posts : 10
Lungs Eaten : -1
Join date : 2012-06-04

View user profile http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dime_(United_States_coin)

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  SenorSoulstice on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:26 pm

My appeal consisted of "Fuck you mods." Probably should have thought that through...

Anyway, you've brought a lot to the site and it's people, my dude. Have a great life. I probably won't be going on it very often from now on. Those changes you mentioned sound, frankly, fucking retarded.

_________________
Raw heat, cause a nigga gotta eat
avatar
SenorSoulstice
Reg.

Posts : 24
Lungs Eaten : 9
Join date : 2012-06-04
Age : 23
Location : Vancouver

View user profile http://reviewhiphop.wordpress.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  IceE on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:31 pm

SenorSoulstice wrote:My appeal consisted of "Fuck you mods." Probably should have thought that through...

Anyway, you've brought a lot to the site and it's people, my dude. Have a great life. I probably won't be going on it very often from now on. Those changes you mentioned sound, frankly, fucking retarded.

Yahoo is safe again. I dun think Yahoo is doing sh*t
avatar
IceE
Admin

Posts : 490
Lungs Eaten : 59
Join date : 2012-06-03
Age : 23

View user profile http://rhhsection.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Voel on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:33 pm

Voel wrote:
Trylemma wrote:
IceE wrote:Why don't you just a make a new Y!A account?

A couple reasons.

1. I have no real interest. About a week and a half ago, I went back and voted for a lot of my older answers, mainly as a way to reminisce, explaining my quick rise to the top, and I was planning on leaving at the end of this week anyways, explaining how lax I was with all the accounts I was making and blatant trolling that I never really did before. My top of the leaderboard "speech" was also meant to serve as a "peace" speech. I'm entering my senior year of college next year and I have a lot to do before I go to get my J.D. and M.A. YA! has been really fun for the past 3 years, but I honestly have very little interest in it now. Ironically I used to make fun of Mechanical, B.k.S. and Metal Quality for similar things...

2. All this is fueled by a letter I received from YA! this morning. Apparently YA! has acquired a lot of new staff and is undergoing some policy changes to the regulations of the sites. As YA! grows and is often used as a first source choice for information, YA! is apparently deleting a lot of non-relevant answers and questions and have the resources to better monitor things. I'm sure people have been reporting hardcore lately, especially since its become such a craze to talk about it, but the majority of it I believe, based on the letter I received, is instigated by YA! itself. I've been on YA! for over 3 years and have seen trolls who literally make, and bulk up, 20+ accounts just to report my questions, but this happened fast, which, in combination with the letter, makes me think this is just new policy. YA! isn't designed to be a forum. I'm guessing that as time goes on, many questions which are even slightly "chatty" will be deleted.

All this said, apparently since I have been a "long term active member" of the community, they are reviewing my "case". This is strange, however, because I didn't file any appeals and have no plans of returning to YA!, something I tried notifying them of, but to no avail.

I guess, though, that its for the best because YA! was never really even set up to be a forum, and with the new "policy changes" I'm guessing they're going to start pushing their chat rooms or whatever. Anyways, I'm glad I got to go out with a bang (even if it was sooner than planned) but I highly doubt I'll return, especially with the decrease of substance over the years.




Uh...because we were flooding the Oxford section. We used to do that with tons of other sections with much more offensive questions. My point is now with whatever changes they're making, they're actually doing something about it. I doubt it has much to do with reporting...

did someone just edited my post? I wrote this: "And why did all this happened right after the Oxford incident?"
I don't know where the rest came from
avatar
Voel
Reg.

Posts : 135
Lungs Eaten : 17
Join date : 2012-06-04
Age : 25
Location : The 36th Chamber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Mic Messiah on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:35 pm

What do you plan to do once your done with college? I doubt Yakima is in your long term plans, unless you wish to stay for the beautiful scenery...


_________________


"I eat apple stew and stash an apple sandwhich 
And that fabulous leather coat is biohazardous"
avatar
Mic Messiah
Reg.

Posts : 173
Lungs Eaten : 114
Join date : 2012-06-04
Age : 78
Location : Slums Of Shaolin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  IceE on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:37 pm

Voel wrote:
Voel wrote:
Trylemma wrote:
IceE wrote:Why don't you just a make a new Y!A account?

A couple reasons.

1. I have no real interest. About a week and a half ago, I went back and voted for a lot of my older answers, mainly as a way to reminisce, explaining my quick rise to the top, and I was planning on leaving at the end of this week anyways, explaining how lax I was with all the accounts I was making and blatant trolling that I never really did before. My top of the leaderboard "speech" was also meant to serve as a "peace" speech. I'm entering my senior year of college next year and I have a lot to do before I go to get my J.D. and M.A. YA! has been really fun for the past 3 years, but I honestly have very little interest in it now. Ironically I used to make fun of Mechanical, B.k.S. and Metal Quality for similar things...

2. All this is fueled by a letter I received from YA! this morning. Apparently YA! has acquired a lot of new staff and is undergoing some policy changes to the regulations of the sites. As YA! grows and is often used as a first source choice for information, YA! is apparently deleting a lot of non-relevant answers and questions and have the resources to better monitor things. I'm sure people have been reporting hardcore lately, especially since its become such a craze to talk about it, but the majority of it I believe, based on the letter I received, is instigated by YA! itself. I've been on YA! for over 3 years and have seen trolls who literally make, and bulk up, 20+ accounts just to report my questions, but this happened fast, which, in combination with the letter, makes me think this is just new policy. YA! isn't designed to be a forum. I'm guessing that as time goes on, many questions which are even slightly "chatty" will be deleted.

All this said, apparently since I have been a "long term active member" of the community, they are reviewing my "case". This is strange, however, because I didn't file any appeals and have no plans of returning to YA!, something I tried notifying them of, but to no avail.

I guess, though, that its for the best because YA! was never really even set up to be a forum, and with the new "policy changes" I'm guessing they're going to start pushing their chat rooms or whatever. Anyways, I'm glad I got to go out with a bang (even if it was sooner than planned) but I highly doubt I'll return, especially with the decrease of substance over the years.




Uh...because we were flooding the Oxford section. We used to do that with tons of other sections with much more offensive questions. My point is now with whatever changes they're making, they're actually doing something about it. I doubt it has much to do with reporting...

did someone just edited my post? I wrote this: "And why did all this happened right after the Oxford incident?"
I don't know where the rest came from

If one of the mod's did it then they're in trouble
avatar
IceE
Admin

Posts : 490
Lungs Eaten : 59
Join date : 2012-06-03
Age : 23

View user profile http://rhhsection.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Voel on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:40 pm

IceE wrote:
Voel wrote:
Voel wrote:
Trylemma wrote:
IceE wrote:Why don't you just a make a new Y!A account?

A couple reasons.

1. I have no real interest. About a week and a half ago, I went back and voted for a lot of my older answers, mainly as a way to reminisce, explaining my quick rise to the top, and I was planning on leaving at the end of this week anyways, explaining how lax I was with all the accounts I was making and blatant trolling that I never really did before. My top of the leaderboard "speech" was also meant to serve as a "peace" speech. I'm entering my senior year of college next year and I have a lot to do before I go to get my J.D. and M.A. YA! has been really fun for the past 3 years, but I honestly have very little interest in it now. Ironically I used to make fun of Mechanical, B.k.S. and Metal Quality for similar things...

2. All this is fueled by a letter I received from YA! this morning. Apparently YA! has acquired a lot of new staff and is undergoing some policy changes to the regulations of the sites. As YA! grows and is often used as a first source choice for information, YA! is apparently deleting a lot of non-relevant answers and questions and have the resources to better monitor things. I'm sure people have been reporting hardcore lately, especially since its become such a craze to talk about it, but the majority of it I believe, based on the letter I received, is instigated by YA! itself. I've been on YA! for over 3 years and have seen trolls who literally make, and bulk up, 20+ accounts just to report my questions, but this happened fast, which, in combination with the letter, makes me think this is just new policy. YA! isn't designed to be a forum. I'm guessing that as time goes on, many questions which are even slightly "chatty" will be deleted.

All this said, apparently since I have been a "long term active member" of the community, they are reviewing my "case". This is strange, however, because I didn't file any appeals and have no plans of returning to YA!, something I tried notifying them of, but to no avail.

I guess, though, that its for the best because YA! was never really even set up to be a forum, and with the new "policy changes" I'm guessing they're going to start pushing their chat rooms or whatever. Anyways, I'm glad I got to go out with a bang (even if it was sooner than planned) but I highly doubt I'll return, especially with the decrease of substance over the years.




Uh...because we were flooding the Oxford section. We used to do that with tons of other sections with much more offensive questions. My point is now with whatever changes they're making, they're actually doing something about it. I doubt it has much to do with reporting...

did someone just edited my post? I wrote this: "And why did all this happened right after the Oxford incident?"
I don't know where the rest came from

If one of the mod's did it then they're in trouble

I've NEVER typed "Uh"
avatar
Voel
Reg.

Posts : 135
Lungs Eaten : 17
Join date : 2012-06-04
Age : 25
Location : The 36th Chamber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Trylemma on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:58 pm

IceE wrote:Regardless, I really hope that you'll check in every now and then.

And apparently Y!A is safe again.

Thanks man. And don't think that your support isn't appreciated. This forum is a good look in about every way...

Trylemma
Reg.

Posts : 6
Lungs Eaten : 11
Join date : 2012-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Trylemma on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:59 pm

DiMES wrote:TRYELEMAAAA A WAIT I NEVER SIAD GOODBYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!


IM SORRY I BUTTED HEADS WITH YOU.......I THOUGHT U WERE OK BUT FUCKN AROGANT BUT I STILL THOUGHT U WERE OK.....,U HAVE MADE me STRONGER ........................I NEED CRITISM TO HELP ME!!!!!


DiMES > Tryelemma BUT I STILL WANT TO SAY GOODDBYEEEEE...AND FUCK U >...BUT GOOD BYE..I LOVE U BUT IHATE UR ASS...

I DiMEs forfiet the Case of Trylemma's absence.

*Dimes salutes Trylemma*

Lol, thanks man. Washington state love.

Trylemma
Reg.

Posts : 6
Lungs Eaten : 11
Join date : 2012-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Trylemma on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:00 pm

SenorSoulstice wrote:My appeal consisted of "Fuck you mods." Probably should have thought that through...

Anyway, you've brought a lot to the site and it's people, my dude. Have a great life. I probably won't be going on it very often from now on. Those changes you mentioned sound, frankly, fucking retarded.

Thanks man, and sorry for your suspension. Like I said, we've trolled countless sections before, and much harder (pause), but I think YA! is just cracking down now...

Trylemma
Reg.

Posts : 6
Lungs Eaten : 11
Join date : 2012-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Trylemma on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:04 pm

Mic Messiah wrote:What do you plan to do once your done with college? I doubt Yakima is in your long term plans, unless you wish to stay for the beautiful scenery...


Right now I'm weighing my options for law school. I'd like to do a joint JD/MA in Philosophy program, but law is my first priority. My family and friends still live in Yakima, which is what brings me here now, but my family is moving soon, and a lot of my friends don't get here much, so the Palm Springs of Washington may be fading...

On a different note, I wish you the best man. I'm not sure if you thought I was being sarcastic or something, but you're definitely the best user in the RHH section that I can remember. Your whole situation with school and shit is messed up, but to be honest, a lot of that stuff isn't even worth fighting for if its just going to compromise what you want to do with your life. Whenever you wanna hang in Y-City lemme no.

(No homo tbh)

Trylemma
Reg.

Posts : 6
Lungs Eaten : 11
Join date : 2012-06-04

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Guest on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:07 pm

TRYLEMMA IM SORRY R U STILL MAD FOR ME MAKING FUN OF YOUR HOT GIRLFRINED

Guest
Guest


Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Mic Messiah on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:21 pm

Trylemma wrote:
Mic Messiah wrote:What do you plan to do once your done with college? I doubt Yakima is in your long term plans, unless you wish to stay for the beautiful scenery...


Right now I'm weighing my options for law school. I'd like to do a joint JD/MA in Philosophy program, but law is my first priority. My family and friends still live in Yakima, which is what brings me here now, but my family is moving soon, and a lot of my friends don't get here much, so the Palm Springs of Washington may be fading...

On a different note, I wish you the best man. I'm not sure if you thought I was being sarcastic or something, but you're definitely the best user in the RHH section that I can remember. Your whole situation with school and shit is messed up, but to be honest, a lot of that stuff isn't even worth fighting for if its just going to compromise what you want to do with your life. Whenever you wanna hang in Y-City lemme no.

(No homo tbh)

Law is a pretty sexy rich nigga area, so I wish you the best in whatever you choose to pursue, though the well wishing is probably unnecessary because you're probably going to succeed pretty easily.

Why thank you, those are very kind words. I didn't really ever know how to take anything you said, because your tone with everything was one that was hard for me to discipher. I figured you did have some kind of respect for me though. It's mutual, I definitely think you're the best RHH ever saw. As far as school, eventually I'll get my GED and maybe go to YVCC (lame, but better than nothing) just so my options for work will at least be better than picking fruit and shit...but I'm trying to move to LA eventually, mostly because I have a few friends there that could get me some cushy jobs that would afford me not to lose a large portion of my precious free time.

I might take you up on that offer sometime tbh.

Anyways, like many others have said, you should visit here from time to time, it looks quite promising.

_________________


"I eat apple stew and stash an apple sandwhich 
And that fabulous leather coat is biohazardous"
avatar
Mic Messiah
Reg.

Posts : 173
Lungs Eaten : 114
Join date : 2012-06-04
Age : 78
Location : Slums Of Shaolin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Banjo on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:47 am

Good luck in whatever you do end up doing, Trylemma, I'm sure you'll do fine, though. You've been one of the best and most entertaining regs in the section for as long as I've been here, (which is getting to be quite a while now) and one of the few people on here who's opinions I actually give a shit about. I'm kind of sad to see you go out like this, to be honest. You made me feel like not quite as big a loser for being 21 and frequenting the section. Crying or Very sad
avatar
Banjo
Reg.

Posts : 93
Lungs Eaten : 49
Join date : 2012-06-04
Age : 27
Location : The NoDak

View user profile http://reviewhiphop.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  The Co_oL on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:39 am

I was thinking that the recent events of Y!A was more likely due to a crackdown rather than a report troll, I guess your message from yahoo confirms that. It is pretty stupid what they're doing though, I can understand they don't want it turning into Facebook but they seem quite happy to completely kill off the community aspect which ultimately keeps the site going.

Cosign those who said you should come here every so often, it could replace yahoo if it takes off (and it's going pretty well so far), and if you don't, then I wish you all the best with college and life in general
avatar
The Co_oL
Reg.

Posts : 42
Lungs Eaten : 8
Join date : 2012-06-04
Age : 23
Location : Ireland

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/TheCo_oLupeStan

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Voel on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:10 pm

The Co_oL wrote:I was thinking that the recent events of Y!A was more likely due to a crackdown rather than a report troll, I guess your message from yahoo confirms that. It is pretty stupid what they're doing though, I can understand they don't want it turning into Facebook but they seem quite happy to completely kill off the community aspect which ultimately keeps the site going.

Cosign those who said you should come here every so often, it could replace yahoo if it takes off (and it's going pretty well so far), and if you don't, then I wish you all the best with college and life in general
cosign the Co_ol. They are scaring off all the regs, and we where the ones who actually answered questions, it will become a useless site if they keep doing that.There won't be any TC's at this rate
avatar
Voel
Reg.

Posts : 135
Lungs Eaten : 17
Join date : 2012-06-04
Age : 25
Location : The 36th Chamber

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Richie *Pick It Up* on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:12 pm

Well I really hope this isn't goodbye, you are one of my favorite regs and everything that you said online AKA recs and criticism I took to heart because I got mad respect for you. Come back from time to time, I think as your "going" away gift you should host one last Trylemma tournament?

_________________
farao I come with shit that's all types of shapes and sounds
And where I lounge is my stomping grounds
farao
avatar
Richie *Pick It Up*
Reg.

Posts : 45
Lungs Eaten : 5
Join date : 2012-06-03

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Mr Slow Flow on Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:55 pm

Despite the silly arguments/"beefs", I wish you good luck in life dude..
avatar
Mr Slow Flow
Reg.

Posts : 21
Lungs Eaten : 13
Join date : 2012-06-05
Age : 24
Location : Georgia

View user profile http://www.last.fm/user/Arylide

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  IceE on Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:02 pm

Idk if you care, but it seems like yahoo is back to normal
avatar
IceE
Admin

Posts : 490
Lungs Eaten : 59
Join date : 2012-06-03
Age : 23

View user profile http://rhhsection.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Saphire_flames on Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:08 pm

IceE wrote:Idk if you care, but it seems like yahoo is back to normal
its not there on 2 me
avatar
Saphire_flames
Reg.

Posts : 258
Lungs Eaten : 22
Join date : 2012-06-04
Age : 25
Location : I Guess I'm In the http://rhhsection.forumotion.com

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: The Official Trylemma Q&A Thread

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum