I know most of you don't care about the whole Drake vs Common "beef", but I saw this...

Go down

I know most of you don't care about the whole Drake vs Common "beef", but I saw this...

Post  No BS on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:32 pm

So here's the snippet from Drake's interview with Nah Right, saying he's done with the whole beef situation:

"So people want to know: will you respond to Common?

Drake: No. Because despite how it’s been worded by him that situation is not a “hip hop moment” or a “battle for the sake of musical integrity”…it’s a ploy for attention around the release of an album. More than anything it was just disappointing cause what kid isn’t a fan of what Common has done for our genre. A guy who made such an incredible career for himself based off expressing genuine feelings about life and love is now targeting me for sharing my story."

For one I think Drake's just trying to act like he's trying to avoid starting more drama with that douchey "I can't possible concieve why Common is trying to battle little ole me" thing even though he crossed some lines too, but I actually kinda agree with him. Common is pickin on a weakling, Drake can't handle Common he's too soft. Not saying Common isnt less of a legend because of the whole situation, but I think Common was just trying to get attention. What's your opinion? Do you think it's kinda stupid for legends like Common to go after newbies?
No BS
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know most of you don't care about the whole Drake vs Common "beef", but I saw this...

Post  Mic Messiah on Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:48 pm

I agree Common was just using the situation to stir up some attention, but at the same time, Hip-Hop is ironically probably the most elitist genre of music there is when it comes to the artists, I wouldn't really be surprised if Common really did have a problem with Drakes style of music (or the fact that he was in with Serena as well and Common be on a jelly tip).

I think it's silly for someone like Common to go at Drake, but at the same time, it's understandable since he's now the old guard...Hip-Hops a difficult genre to remain relevant in mainstream wise for a prolonged period, so by whatever means Common can maintain relevancy are probably seen as legitimate by him.

The whole situation lulz worthy though. Any "beef" involving YMCMB in anyway is probably manafactured...

"I eat apple stew and stash an apple sandwhich 
And that fabulous leather coat is biohazardous"
Mic Messiah
Reg.

Lungs Eaten : 114

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: I know most of you don't care about the whole Drake vs Common "beef", but I saw this...

Post  IceE on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:12 pm

^cosign^
IceE
Admin

Lungs Eaten : 59

View user profile http://rhhsection.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  No BS on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:54 pm

I agree with you Mic, but I can't just scoff at Commons attempt to gain attention. Hip hop was created by youth, most listeners are young, and most of the music is made by young people. It's hard staying relevant being an older rapper. And Common isn't that old but he's not young, and today's hip hop artists as well as their listners are getting younger. They're not into his style. I dont know how to say it but he's too almost conscious for today's younger mainstream audience. I can understand why if he is just seeking attention.
No BS
Reg.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Voel on Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:13 am

yo, there was a woman in between
Voel
Reg.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down