RHH Section
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MF Grimm Rec's anybody???

5 posters

Go down

MF Grimm Rec's anybody??? Empty MF Grimm Rec's anybody???

Post  Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:47 pm

I wanna start digging Into his solo stuff, where Should I start???
Does anyone here even listen to Grim................

Back to top Go down

MF Grimm Rec's anybody??? Empty Re: MF Grimm Rec's anybody???

Post  Mr Slow Flow Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:51 pm

MF Grimm is Mic Messiah's favorite rapper, I believe. He's pretty consistent, but Hunt for the Gingerbread Man is his best imo.
Mr Slow Flow
Mr Slow Flow
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 13

http://www.last.fm/user/Arylide

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Jun 05, 2012 8:55 pm

Mr Slow Flow wrote:MF Grimm is Mic Messiah's favorite rapper, I believe. He's pretty consistent, but Hunt for the Gingerbread Man is his best imo.

Cool, hopefully he'll come here/Is here and enlighten me on where to start and what to avoid.

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhyme Sayer Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:00 pm

I loved The Hunt for The Gingerbread Man, awesome concept album however it is a bit boring at times. Scars & Memories you can really feel Grimm more on that album, I rec checking both of them out as your first two Grimm albums.
Rhyme Sayer
Rhyme Sayer
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo Tue Jun 05, 2012 9:01 pm

He has three really good solo albums. Hunt for the Gingerbread Man, Scars and Memories and The Downfall of Ibliys: Ghetto Opera. It's not for everybody, but if you're in to that grimy type of sound he's awesome.
Banjo
Banjo
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 49

http://reviewhiphop.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mic Messiah Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Damn I'm late ):

Like others said Grimm is dope. I would agree with Banjo on Grimms 3 best.

I'd reccomend listening to Scars & Memories first, just because of the sound. Alot of the instrumentals are re-created or brand new ones even though the songs were originally recorded throughout the 90s, because the reels were stolen. There's interviews interspersed throughout, so it's quite an interesting look at Grimm as an artist. Also the songs are dope AF and it's almost like an audio documentary the way it progresses. Bloody Love Letter for example is detailing his thoughts immediately after getting shot, writing a letter to a love (it could be interpreted to be sent to almost anyone/anything, though it's written like it's to his sweetheart). It's chilling, especially since he really was that close to death and many of those thoughts probably were going through his head at the time. Right after comes one of his more well known songs and the one the albums titled after, Scars & Memories. It was written while he was in the hospital, right after he was shot and his step brother was murdered. It shows the wide range of thoughts going through his head immediately after getting shot, in a reflective and introspective manner. It's probably best summed up through the line "I'm not afraid to die, but right now I'm afraid to live". It's my personal favorite Grimm album.

THFTGBM is a pretty silly concept album and you'll either really dig the concept or you'll find it extremely corny. Even with that there's a few songs that are pretty much universally dope, even if you dislike the concept. Earth, See No Evil, Gingy, Fame and My House are my favorite songs on the album.

The Downfall Of Ibliys: A Ghetto Opera easily has the best production of any Grimm album. Time And Space is one of my favorite songs ever, Grimm always resonates with me and that song is beautiful as any I've heard. The album does have a kind of melancholic tone to it though, it can be a depressing listen and the production sets the mood, though it closes on a positive note. Grimm probably raps about his widest range of topics on this album (well, technically not, since that would be American Hunger, but that shits a triple disc album) and he also sounds his most polished. Another pretty introspective listen.

If you like any of these, you probably should then proceed to just get his entire discography. He also has many scattered features, mixtapes and single only songs floating around the Internetz, some of which are truly gems. I'd recommend digging to find some of them as well.
Mic Messiah
Mic Messiah
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 114

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jun 06, 2012 5:36 pm

Mic Messiah wrote:Damn I'm late ):

Like others said Grimm is dope. I would agree with Banjo on Grimms 3 best.

I'd reccomend listening to Scars & Memories first, just because of the sound. Alot of the instrumentals are re-created or brand new ones even though the songs were originally recorded throughout the 90s, because the reels were stolen. There's interviews interspersed throughout, so it's quite an interesting look at Grimm as an artist. Also the songs are dope AF and it's almost like an audio documentary the way it progresses. Bloody Love Letter for example is detailing his thoughts immediately after getting shot, writing a letter to a love (it could be interpreted to be sent to almost anyone/anything, though it's written like it's to his sweetheart). It's chilling, especially since he really was that close to death and many of those thoughts probably were going through his head at the time. Right after comes one of his more well known songs and the one the albums titled after, Scars & Memories. It was written while he was in the hospital, right after he was shot and his step brother was murdered. It shows the wide range of thoughts going through his head immediately after getting shot, in a reflective and introspective manner. It's probably best summed up through the line "I'm not afraid to die, but right now I'm afraid to live". It's my personal favorite Grimm album.

THFTGBM is a pretty silly concept album and you'll either really dig the concept or you'll find it extremely corny. Even with that there's a few songs that are pretty much universally dope, even if you dislike the concept. Earth, See No Evil, Gingy, Fame and My House are my favorite songs on the album.

The Downfall Of Ibliys: A Ghetto Opera easily has the best production of any Grimm album. Time And Space is one of my favorite songs ever, Grimm always resonates with me and that song is beautiful as any I've heard. The album does have a kind of melancholic tone to it though, it can be a depressing listen and the production sets the mood, though it closes on a positive note. Grimm probably raps about his widest range of topics on this album (well, technically not, since that would be American Hunger, but that shits a triple disc album) and he also sounds his most polished. Another pretty introspective listen.

If you like any of these, you probably should then proceed to just get his entire discography. He also has many scattered features, mixtapes and single only songs floating around the Internetz, some of which are truly gems. I'd recommend digging to find some of them as well.

Damn, thanks. I'll definitely give them a listen Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cray Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:46 pm

yeah The Gingerbread Man, check that out its dope, Earth(dope beat), Fame(dope Beat), Gingy, the hunt for the gingerbread man. all dope tracks
Cray
Cray
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 3

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL227B1D16B3E052EF&feat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down