RHH Section
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your thoughts on music of your birth year?

+13
Dexter Yooo
Frida Slaves
Saphire_flames
SnoopKnowsBest
NINJA MAN
Escobar 97™
To My Crew With The Suuuu
{E.M. Wuz X}
Cray
Bart
Banjo
IceE
Wirftgu
17 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Your thoughts on music of your birth year? Empty Your thoughts on music of your birth year?

Post  Wirftgu Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Basically just what is your opinion of the music of the year you were born, any genre. I think the year I was born was great personally, I mean Illmatic was released. What about you? Favorite albums, songs possibly, favorite artists emerged that year?
Wirftgu
Wirftgu
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 5

http://www.last.fm/user/Wirftgu_ http://www.rateyourmusic.com/~w

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on music of your birth year? Empty Re: Your thoughts on music of your birth year?

Post  IceE Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:57 pm

1994 and great cause illmatic [2]
IceE
IceE
Admin

Lungs Eaten : 59

https://rhhsection.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts on music of your birth year? Empty Re: Your thoughts on music of your birth year?

Post  Banjo Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:10 pm

1990 wasn't a great year for hip-hop or really as a whole for music.

Fear of a Black Planet, Step in the Arena and AmeriKKKa's Most Wanted were the big hip hop releases, Rakim, G Rap, ATCQ and Brand Nubian all had good releases, too. It's kind of in that time where all the great 80s artists were starting to fall off and the great 90's artists hadn't realyl happened yet.

As far as NRHH, I guess Bossanova by Pixies is probably the best, or Ritual De Lo Habitual by Jane's Addiction. Goo, by Sonic Youth is OK, and Violator is good, if you're into Depesche Mode.

And RQ would cut my nuts off if I didn't mention Heaven or Las Vegas by Cocteau Twins
Banjo
Banjo
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 49

http://reviewhiphop.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:58 am

1992. Not that good year either. Standout albums: The Chronic, House of Pain self titled album, Can I Borrow a Dollar?, Live And Let Die, Return Of The funky Man and The Predator.
Its not all too bad but its nothing compared to 1994
Bart
Bart
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Cray Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:11 pm

hmmmmm, 1995? a good year? it was for wu-tang
OB4CL al go with that
Cray
Cray
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 3

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL227B1D16B3E052EF&feat

Back to top Go down

Post  {E.M. Wuz X} Thu Jun 14, 2012 12:47 pm

1996, ftw. I've got All Eyez on Me, It Was Written, Busta Rhymes' first solo album, and many more. Not a bad year if you ask me.

Last edited by {E.M. Wuz X} on Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:14 pm; edited 1 time in total
{E.M. Wuz X}
{E.M. Wuz X}
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:10 pm

{E.M. Wuz X} wrote:1996 Str8 Off tha Streetz of Muthaphukkin Compton

Its a 1995 album recorded in 1994, eazy died in the first half of 1995
Bart
Bart
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  {E.M. Wuz X} Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:14 pm

Bart wrote:

Really? Well as you see, I'm really bad with discography. Lol, that's a good album regardless.
{E.M. Wuz X}
{E.M. Wuz X}
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Thu Jun 14, 2012 1:21 pm

{E.M. Wuz X} wrote:
Bart wrote:

Really? Well as you see, I'm really bad with discography. Lol, that's a good album regardless.

true tho i prefer Its On 187 Killa
Bart
Bart
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  To My Crew With The Suuuu Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:08 am

1993 - 36 Chambers

nuff said
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Escobar 97™ Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:11 pm

"R U Still Down" came out. It's pretty good for a posthumous album in my opinion.
"6 Feet Deep" By Gravediggaz was pretty decent
"The Psycho-Social, Chemical, Biological And Electro-Magnetic Manipulation Of Human Consciousness" was decent
"Table Scraps" by MHz was average in my opinion. The album has one of my favorite songs which is "Magnetics" though.

Biggie of course came out "Life After Death" Which personally I don't care.
There's other releases I of course didn't mention but my favorite that came out of the year 97 is "Take A Look Over Your Shoulder" By Warren G

Overall I think it was a pretty solid Year.

Escobar 97™
Escobar 97™
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 26

Back to top Go down

Post  NINJA MAN Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:18 pm

ATLiens - Outkast
All Eyez On Me - Tupac
Endtroducing - DJ Shadow
The Score - The Fugees
Reasonable Doubt - Jay-Z
Crash - Dave Matthews Band

and a ton more. 96' was pretty sweet.
NINJA MAN
NINJA MAN
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:38 pm

Escobar 97™ wrote:

6 Feet Deep is 1994 album
Bart
Bart
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Escobar 97™ Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:42 pm

Bart wrote:
Escobar 97™ wrote:

Oh, I just used my Window Media Player to see what was released in 97 that I listened to.
Escobar 97™
Escobar 97™
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:49 pm

Escobar 97™ wrote:
Bart wrote:
Escobar 97™ wrote:

Oh, I just used my Window Media Player to see what was released in 97 that I listened to.

Yeah probably some re-released edition. in 97 they dropped their second album. That one wasnt as good as their debut, i'd rate it 6/10
Bart
Bart
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Escobar 97™ Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:56 pm

Bart wrote:
Escobar 97™ wrote:
Bart wrote:
Escobar 97™ wrote:

Yeah probably some re-released edition. in 97 they dropped their second album. That one wasnt as good as their debut, i'd rate it 6/10

Yeah, the next 2 albums they released are shit in my opinion. I really don't like them.
Escobar 97™
Escobar 97™
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:02 pm

Questions like this always make me feel old... Crying or Very sad
Banjo
Banjo
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 49

http://reviewhiphop.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  SnoopKnowsBest Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:03 pm

Bart wrote:1992. Not that good year either. Standout albums: The Chronic, House of Pain self titled album, Can I Borrow a Dollar?, Live And Let Die, Return Of The funky Man and The Predator.

1992 too. I actually thought 92 was a great year for hip hop. As well as those you mentioned, there fantastic albums were released then: Dead Serious, Bizarre Ride II, Whut? Thee Album, Mecca & The Soul Brother, Daily Operation, Stunts Blunts & Hip Hop, Music To Driveby, In God We Trust and Rage Against the Machine's self titled debut was also out that year. The Chronic was even released in the US on the day I was born too which is cool. But of course 94 is better, probably even the best.

SnoopKnowsBest
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  Saphire_flames Fri Jun 15, 2012 6:04 pm

Banjo wrote:Questions like this always make me feel old... Crying or Very sad

aw little bunny Smile
Saphire_flames
Saphire_flames
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 22
Location : I Guess I'm In the https://rhhsection.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:19 am

SnoopKnowsBest wrote:
Bart wrote:1992. Not that good year either. Standout albums: The Chronic, House of Pain self titled album, Can I Borrow a Dollar?, Live And Let Die, Return Of The funky Man and The Predator.

1992 too. I actually thought 92 was a great year for hip hop. As well as those you mentioned, there fantastic albums were released then: Dead Serious, Bizarre Ride II, Whut? Thee Album, Mecca & The Soul Brother, Daily Operation, Stunts Blunts & Hip Hop, Music To Driveby, In God We Trust and Rage Against the Machine's self titled debut was also out that year. The Chronic was even released in the US on the day I was born too which is cool. But of course 94 is better, probably even the best.

Daily Operation was actually one of their weaker albums. In God we trust is 1993 album. Music to Driveby is kinda weak too actually.
Bart
Bart
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Frida Slaves Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:11 am

Illmatic/Ready to Die... I'm satisfied
Frida Slaves
Frida Slaves
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Frida Slaves Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:12 am

And 36 Chambers
Frida Slaves
Frida Slaves
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  SnoopKnowsBest Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:30 am

Bart wrote:Daily Operation was actually one of their weaker albums. In God we trust is 1993 album. Music to Driveby is kinda weak too actually.

Well I believe Daily Operation to be super underrated and I forgot about Live and Let die. That was released in 1992 too.

SnoopKnowsBest
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:59 am

SnoopKnowsBest wrote:
Bart wrote:Daily Operation was actually one of their weaker albums. In God we trust is 1993 album. Music to Driveby is kinda weak too actually.

Well I believe Daily Operation to be super underrated and I forgot about Live and Let die. That was released in 1992 too.

You didnt mention it bcs I already did. Yep Live and Let Die is very dope.
Bart
Bart
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  SnoopKnowsBest Sun Jun 17, 2012 12:49 pm

Bart wrote:
SnoopKnowsBest wrote:

You didnt mention it bcs I already did. Yep Live and Let Die is very dope.

oh lol. Still, imo it one of the best years in hip hop if you put them all side by side.

SnoopKnowsBest
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next