RHH Section
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Should this be an official recommendation/new discoveries thread?

+11
Mr Slow Flow
The Co_oL
Matt C
Rhyme Sayer
Mic Messiah
SenorSoulstice
Trylemma
Frida Slaves
{E.M. Wuz X}
IceE
No BS
15 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Should this be an official recommendation/new discoveries thread? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should this be an official recommendation/new discoveries thread?

Post  NINJA MAN Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:46 am

NoBS wrote:I think it should.

I actually have a recommendation that some of you will either like or hate. Have any of you guys heard of this dude Traphik aka Timothydelaghetto? I finally got around to listening to Cruise Control and he's a pretty meh rapper, his lyrics are mostly cliches with a few gems thrown in, but something about this album is appealing to me (maybe it's the beats. Or the features keep it interesting idk) , so if you wanna check that out:

http://traphik.bandcamp.com/album/cruise-control

(delete the spaces)

K bai bai.

I've heard Fly Young Gentlemen by him and that's it, and I love the beat. I agree he is a meh rapper, but he has some type of appeal that I can't explain...
NINJA MAN
NINJA MAN
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 7

Back to top Go down

Should this be an official recommendation/new discoveries thread? - Page 2 Empty Re: Should this be an official recommendation/new discoveries thread?

Post  Aaron B. Mulatto Jesus Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:26 am

Allow me to dickride the same thing I was dickriding last month: Queens...Revisited by Children Of The Night
Aaron B. Mulatto Jesus
Aaron B. Mulatto Jesus
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 7

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhyme Sayer Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:03 pm

Doomtree- No Kings

Underrated album of last year
Rhyme Sayer
Rhyme Sayer
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  No BS Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:29 pm

Is there anyone here who likes nerd hop and could give me some recs?
No BS
No BS
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 17

Back to top Go down

Post  IceE Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:35 pm

NoBS wrote:Is there anyone here who likes nerd hop and could give me some recs?

You should ask Stoned Nerd
IceE
IceE
Admin

Lungs Eaten : 59

https://rhhsection.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Matt C Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:25 am

Nerd hop sucks dick imo. If you're looking for albums with clever references etc try Milo - Milo Takes Baths.
Matt C
Matt C
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 20

http://soundcloud.com/thaarchiect

Back to top Go down

Post  No BS Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:37 am

Nerd hop sucks dick imo. If you're looking for albums with clever references etc try Milo - Milo Takes Baths.

Milo is the whole reason I'm asking this lol. I've had "I Wish My Brother Rob Was Here" and "Milo Takes Baths" on repeat. I wanna know if there are more artists like him.
No BS
No BS
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Mic Messiah Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:39 am

NoBS wrote:

Milo is the whole reason I'm asking this lol. I've had "I Wish My Brother Rob Was Here" and "Milo Takes Baths" on repeat. I wanna know if there are more artists like him.

M.I.C. can be nerdy as fuck...tbh I'm in the same boat as you, Milos one of the few nerdcore rappers I like. Anyways, one former M.I.C. member Ravage made an album dedicated to Street Fighter, Perfect Heaven, which was one of my favorite albums last year. It's not on the level of IWMBRWH or Milo Takes Baths, but it's still pretty dope.

http://manafestvisionmedia.bandcamp.com/album/perfect

Randoms also a nerdcore rapper, but I don't really like dude...and his newest album was terrible.

The rest of the nerdcore rappers I know are corny white dudes who are garbage. But nerdcores not a sub-genre I've actually got into deeply...
Mic Messiah
Mic Messiah
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 114

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhyme Sayer Mon Jun 11, 2012 6:27 pm

NoBS wrote:

Have you listened to NoCanDo? Walk The Void is awesome nerdcore.
Rhyme Sayer
Rhyme Sayer
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Mon Jun 11, 2012 7:36 pm

I dont like nerd hop in general, but since I used to be a Guild Wars player I used to listen to YTCracker sometimes, he is quite funny(makes funny statements), maybe you already heard of him since he is quite known in nerd hop tho. If not here you got a link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UX-ZcWZseOM
Bart
Bart
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  No BS Tue Jun 12, 2012 12:54 am

Nah I haven't heard of either, but I'll check em out.

I dont like nerd hop in general, but since I used to be a Guild Wars player I used to listen to YTCracker sometimes, he is quite funny(makes funny statements), maybe you already heard of him since he is quite known in nerd hop tho. If not here you got a link:

I'm checkin out your link now. I can't say I'm feelin it. His lyrics are kinda wack, way too simple, and the beat isn't enough to keep me entertained. I might have to pass on this guy lol
No BS
No BS
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  {E.M. Wuz X} Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:15 am

Already said it but Blanco Dinero. Here go one of his songs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho2zQyAg2fA
{E.M. Wuz X}
{E.M. Wuz X}
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  No BS Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:31 am

I have recs for those who like chill, downtempo, sorta nujabes mixed in with a little flying lotus hip hop:

oriJanus:

just something for the late night creepers still roaming around here at 10:31 pm
No BS
No BS
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  {E.M. Wuz X} Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:35 am

No BS wrote:I have recs for those who like chill, downtempo, sorta nujabes mixed in with a little flying lotus hip hop:

oriJanus:

just something for the late night creepers still roaming around here at 10:31 pm

It's 1:33 where I'm at lol and I'll check all that out, gracias
{E.M. Wuz X}
{E.M. Wuz X}
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 35

Back to top Go down

Post  No BS Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:40 am

It's 1:33 where I'm at lol and I'll check all that out, gracias

Oh damn, I forgot about west coast time lol I would be asleep right now, but I'm studying for finals on wednesday....although I've been pretty distracted for the last 30 mins...
No BS
No BS
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Bart Tue Jun 12, 2012 4:00 am

No BS wrote:

Nah I haven't heard of either, but I'll check em out.

I'm checkin out your link now. I can't say I'm feelin it. His lyrics are kinda wack, way too simple, and the beat isn't enough to keep me entertained. I might have to pass on this guy lol

I know right? But I doubt you will find a nerdrap with good lyrics+beat+flow. They are all mediocre at best.
Bart
Bart
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 25

Back to top Go down

Post  Stoned_Penguins Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:30 pm

Hello guys! I have a quick recommendation.

Here's the hip-hop band !Mayday! (Not sure who's heard of them or not). They are signed to Tech N9ne's Strange Music. However, they are not like the rest of Strange and do not produce horrorcore/hardcore.

They are a rap-rock group that I best describe as Alternative Conscious Rap-Rock. The main producer of the group is guitarist Plex Luthor. The productions are sonically potent, the riffs awesome, and the drums are nuts. Topics range from abortion, Arab spring, governmental problems, societal issues (Obesity, materialism, narrow-mindedness). However, they are also fun and like to rap about smoking weed to alievate their stress, drinking heavily, suicidal bitches, and chasing their dreams. Wreckonize, the group's premier MC (also the most talented), has flows that are either rapid or down-tempo, chill, off-beat. He can also sing. The other MC is Bernz. Both of them are lyrically complex and like to incorporate heavy metaphors and multi-syllables into their lyrics.

Their album Take me to your Leader is one of my favorites of the year. Below are a few tracks of theirs that I consider to be their best.

Stoned_Penguins
Stoned_Penguins
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 3

Back to top Go down

Post  No BS Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:56 pm

You guys DEFINITELY need to check this guy out if you haven't already, he's a producer who makes magical sounds that reminds me a little bit of J Dilla but he's got a different electric/glitchier feel to him.
Here's his most recent collection of sounds: karma.loops.prt3

No BS
No BS
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  Frida Slaves Sun Jul 01, 2012 12:33 pm

Sounds good. I'm still working on the albums compilation. I think I have 125 albums right now.
Frida Slaves
Frida Slaves
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2