RHH Section
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mic Messiah makes his triumphant return with a small request

+3
Banjo
IceE
Mic Messiah
7 posters

Go down

Mic Messiah makes his triumphant return with a small request Empty Mic Messiah makes his triumphant return with a small request

Post  Mic Messiah Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:56 am

Hi. Yeah, it's me. Send me an e-mail or something if you wish to confirm this, since you are not trusting of a random fellows word. It's understandable. But for now, until you get the confirmation you seek, I implore you to operate under the assumption that I am in fact, Mic Messiah.

Now onto the point. I left Y!A (and apparently, as my recent visit has revealed, at an opportune time) for good, however I left open the possibility to come to a forum such as this, mainly for what I'm about to ask. I'll come here so long as you all pander to me and my whims and interests. You will take interest in what I do and we will have fun discussions about things I find interesting. This is only semi-sarcastic. Anyways dough, if you haven't already inferred from some of the topics I've discussed in the past, I enjoy reading about racial things. Things like opression and POCs hating crackers with ideals that would be classified as militant. I try and read these things with an open mind, but most of it is pretty laughable propaganda on par with White Supremacist ideology. Most of it is Black Militant thinking, mostly because I've been struggling to find any other supposedly POC accepted thinking from other races/ethnicities. Since quite a few of you are white, I'm also interested in how you personally feel about something like this (warning: definitely tl;dr material that will result in many eyes being rolled. However, it is extremely well written and thought provoking, regardless of the subject matter. It will also probably start to become long winded and redundant, again, I understand if you tl;dr). I'm also interested in POCs views, actually moreso than you crackers, but I had to put you first because white privilege. (tongues and cheeks here good sirs and madams).

tl;dr version: Hi, this is Mic, I like you people, I want to know what you think about things I enjoy studying during my immense free time my non-enrollment in any school system affords me. This ones about race and you should go up there and click the linky and read some of it and impart your opinion upon us. I'm race baiting here and I will incite some differences of opinions, but they will be welcomed. Don't be a dick to others though, which I guess the mods will hopefully be judges of. Thank you for your time good sirs and madams.

Last edited by Mic Messiah on Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Correcting grammatical mistakes.)
Mic Messiah
Mic Messiah
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 114

Back to top Go down

Mic Messiah makes his triumphant return with a small request Empty So uh

Post  Mic Messiah Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:05 am

Apparently I can't add links since I'm a new member which is fucking stupid. This is now pretty much rendered an incoherent worthless body of text without the link (which is imperative since it's the topic of discussion for this post) which makes me sad.
Mic Messiah
Mic Messiah
Reg

Back to top Go down

Mic Messiah makes his triumphant return with a small request Empty Re: Mic Messiah makes his triumphant return with a small request

Post  IceE Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:25 am

Pm me the link and ill post it
IceE
IceE
Admin

Lungs Eaten : 59

https://rhhsection.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Mic Messiah makes his triumphant return with a small request Empty Re: Mic Messiah makes his triumphant return with a small request

Post  IceE Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:54 am

IceE
IceE
Admin

Lungs Eaten : 59

https://rhhsection.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:34 pm

tl;dr for the article

There are no biological races. Race is a cultural concept and is only distinguishable by the way people of that skin color are treated by proponents of that culture. What makes you "white" is the way the system respects you, the opposite being the case for "blacks."
Banjo
Banjo
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 49

http://reviewhiphop.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Mic Messiah Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:31 pm

I'm aware. Out of curiosity Banjo, did you ever take any classes in CRT? I ask mainly since that's where concepts like White Privilege came from whilst CRT is also simultaneously kind of viewed as a joke when considered as a whole. Tbh I have a weird curiousity about social issues, mainly because I could care less about them, yet I still read about them.

Out of even more curiosity, what's your major?

College muphukka...thinks he's better than us with his superior education and knowledge...
Mic Messiah
Mic Messiah
Reg

Back to top Go down

Post  The Co_oL Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:18 pm

Welcome back! Laughing

I actually read that whole article. It was indeed pretty interesting, especially the part about slavery. Despite this, their point of view was definitely racist (i.e. blaming whites for everything), while the real issue they should be talking about is class. I guess the two were originally closely connected but nowadays there isn't as much correlation between the two and I've never seen anything to suggest any racially based "privileges", but then again I don't live in the U.S. so it could be different over here
The Co_oL
The Co_oL
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 8

http://www.last.fm/user/TheCo_oLupeStan

Back to top Go down

Post  Frida Slaves Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:45 pm

Glad to have you back.
Twisted Evil
Frida Slaves
Frida Slaves
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 12

Back to top Go down

Post  DiMES Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:16 pm

He Has Returned.

*DiMES will stop the search for Mic Messiah*
DiMES
DiMES
Reg

Lungs Eaten : -1

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dime_(United_States_coin)

Back to top Go down

Post  Rhyme Sayer Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:22 pm

Is it... really... you? Very Happy
Rhyme Sayer
Rhyme Sayer
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 18

Back to top Go down

Post  Banjo Tue Jun 05, 2012 1:21 am

Mic Messiah wrote:I'm aware. Out of curiosity Banjo, did you ever take any classes in CRT? I ask mainly since that's where concepts like White Privilege came from whilst CRT is also simultaneously kind of viewed as a joke when considered as a whole. Tbh I have a weird curiousity about social issues, mainly because I could care less about them, yet I still read about them.

Out of even more curiosity, what's your major?

College muphukka...thinks he's better than us with his superior education and knowledge...

I'm an Anthropology and Political Science double major. The Political Science is mostly because I've got a drug charge on my record that clears in a year and I don't want to be applying to grad schools with it, so I'm staying an extra year and getting a second degree.

I've briefly talked about CRT in a couple classes, but I haven't taken a whole class on it, or even had a class with a substantial unit on it. It doesn't get taken very seriously in academic settings because so many of the big proponents of it have a perceived lack of objectivity. The other thing it takes a lot of criticism for is not having any real data or evidence to back it up. The entire discipline is based off of anecdotal type evidence. It's lacking a real, signature study to legitimize the discipline.

As for the concept of white privilege, that's been around for as long as there have been white people. It really came into it's own around the turn of the 1800's though. Look at some of the old Monogenism vs Polygenism arguments from the mid 1800's if you're ever looking for a laugh, or Blumenbach and Cuvier's racial classifications. It's not exactly the same thing as the CRT concept of white privilege, but it's clearly rooted in the same assumptions.

Banjo
Banjo
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 49

http://reviewhiphop.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down