RHH Section
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Can you remember the last song/album/mixtape that you thought was genuinely creative and original?

5 posters

Go down

Can you remember the last song/album/mixtape that you thought was genuinely creative and original? Empty Can you remember the last song/album/mixtape that you thought was genuinely creative and original?

Post  No BS Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:00 pm

I didn't know where to put this so it's going in NRHH because I guess this can apply to other genres, even though I'm mostly talking about hip hop

I don't know what it is but I feel like it's been a long time since something really impressed me because I thought it was original. I know nothing is truly original but idk I feel like a lot of what is being put out today are carbon copies of what was already done in the past. And i dont just mean the past as in old school, I mean the same shit that was done a couple years ago. Using the same beats,  sampling the same shit, regurgitating the same cliche lyrics, same subject matter...Idk maybe I'm not discovering enough new music and slowly relapsing into my backpacker days...

I hope that all made sense, I'm currently sick and the fever messin up my thought process
No BS
No BS
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 17

Back to top Go down

Can you remember the last song/album/mixtape that you thought was genuinely creative and original? Empty Re: Can you remember the last song/album/mixtape that you thought was genuinely creative and original?

Post  Escobar 97™ Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:10 pm

KRIT Wuz Here.
Escobar 97™
Escobar 97™
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 26

Back to top Go down

Can you remember the last song/album/mixtape that you thought was genuinely creative and original? Empty Re: Can you remember the last song/album/mixtape that you thought was genuinely creative and original?

Post  Banjo Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:10 pm

Danny Brown
Banjo
Banjo
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 49

http://reviewhiphop.wordpress.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  To My Crew With The Suuuu Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:27 pm

Not a necessarily new album but which I heard quite recently (about 2-3 months ago) was The Preface which had some great creative tracks.
To My Crew With The Suuuu
To My Crew With The Suuuu
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 11

Back to top Go down

Post  Mic Messiah Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:38 pm

RHH: 2encond Class Citizen

NRHH: (to my virgin ears) Sigur Ros

And I get what you mean. I think it has to do with discovering more music than you should rather than not discovering enough. Eventually you'll come across easily discernible patterns and trends, moreso with Hip-Hop than probably any other genre. It gets even worse when you go even beyond just recognizing samples or repeated lyrics, but similar cadences and rhyme schemes...at that point it's like "fuckdisshit" and time to go to a genre of music you don't know shit about.
Mic Messiah
Mic Messiah
Reg

Lungs Eaten : 114

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down